RCS Grazing Clinic – Mackay, QLD
February 18 @ 8:00 am - February 20 @ 12:30 pm$250
The RCS Grazing Clinic is a practical hands-on workshop that develops your skills as a grass manager.
This power-packed two and a half-day clinic will give you the confidence and practical know-how to go home and begin implementing. The RCS Grazing Clinic covers the principles and practices of grazing management including how to design and manage a grazing cell, and how to use grazing charts as a planning and decision-making tool.
The course has a complete focus on implementation. We deal with the “real life stuff” that actually counts when it comes to getting the most out of your land, livestock and business.
During the RCS Grazing Clinic our facilitators, Andrew Zerner and David McLean will cover;
- How to assess rest period and calculate graze period
- How to match stocking rate to carrying capacity
- How to use grazing charts to plan and make confident decisions
- The 6 principles of Regenerative Grazing Management
- Property design, water design and fence planning
- Questions and answers
What to bring
At this clinic you’ll start working on your own grazing chart, so you’ll need to bring some of your own information:
- Paddock names and areas
- Stock numbers and classes
- Paddock book or similar which shows stock locations over the last 3 months
You’ll also need to bring your own laptop with Microsoft Excel installed.
We will load a simple planning spreadsheet onto your computer to use with your own data, and you’ll get started with a grazing plan and grazing monitoring all in one simple go.
Special price: $250
This special price is brought to you, thanks to the support of the Queensland Government, Fitzroy Basin Association and Reef Catchments.