- This event has passed.
Managing Livestock and Stubble
February 13 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm
Agriculture Victoria’s Veterinary Officer Cathy Bunter will present on nutritional requirements for livestock when grazing stubbles
Daniel Colbert has more than 20 years experience in agronomy and farm management.
Nick Pekin returned to the farm in 2011 and will share his transition to a No-Till management system while maintaining livestock within the system.
• Sheep nutrition requirements when grazing stubble
• Pros and cons of Real Time Kinematic auto steer
• Disc vs tyne seeders
• Stubble height at harvest
• Row burning
• Chaff rows/ chaff lining
• Effective stubble management
• Herbicide resistant weed management
• Pest management including mice, snails and slugs
• Summer and pre-emergent herbicide efficacy with high stubble loads
• Farmer’s perspective of implementing and maintaining sheep in a No-Till farming system
When: Thursday 13 February 2020
Where: Taylors Lake Community Hall, 2032 Horsham-Lubeck Rd, St Helens Plains
Time: 9.30am till 1.00 pm
Cost: Free, RSVP essential for catering