- This event has passed.
Developing a Grazing Enterprise
November 14, 2017 @ 10:30 am - 2:30 pm
Developing a grazing enterprise – yards, infrastructure and watering systems from scratch.
• Bruce and Jillian bought the property (a 40.5 Ha agistment block) in 2014. Lack of power and watering points limited their ability to graze the property effectively.
• Bruce and Jillian will explain how they have developed the infrastructure (paddock layout, new yards, solar-powered watering system) to improve pasture and carrying capacity.
• This infrastructure has enabled the couple to implement a nutrient plan developed by Lisa Warn as part of the Healthy Soils Sustainable Farms program.
• Bruce and Jillian have also built an off-grid home on the property.
• Guest speaker, Wayne Smith, electrician, who helped design, and installed, Bruce and Jillian’s off- grid system
Where: Bruce Whittaker and Jillian Staton’s. 145 Illawong Court, Cape Liptrap – drive to new house at end of laneway.
When: Tuesday 14 November 2017 10.30am – 2.30pm BYO lunch and deck chair, morning tea provided
For more information or to RSVP by Thursday 9 November 2017 to Jenny O’Sullivan on M: 0419 153 377 or E : [email protected]