- This event has passed.
Talkin’ Soil Health 2020: Building Natural Capital
March 11 @ 7:30 am - March 13 @ 1:00 pmAUD $30
Talkin’ Soil Health 2020 Building Natural Capital is an initiative of Wheatbelt Natural Resource Management (Wheatbelt NRM). This event will provide an opportunity for farmers to hear from other farmers about how they are tackling everyday problems.
There will be opportunities to better understand some of the science behind our WA agricultural soils as well as what is new and innovative. The focus is on practical solutions to improve soil management on-farm and more broadly for agricultural land across the state – creating synergies between productivity and environmental stewardship.
- Joel Williams, Integrated Soils, Canada
- Belinda Varischetti, ABC Radio, Perth
- Major General The Honourable Michael Jeffery, Soils for Life
- Dr. Michael Crawford, CRC for High Performance Soils
- Nick Kelly, Wheatbelt Farmer, Newdegate Facey Group, Wickepin
- Stuart McAlpine, Northern Ag Region Farmer, Buntine
- Lyn Abbott, Emeritus Professor, UWA, Perth
- Fran Hoyle, Associate Professor, UWA, Perth
- Rob Grylls, Wheatbelt Farmer, Bencubbin
- Phil Barrett Lennard, AgVivo Consultant, Gingin
- Brad Jones, Wheatbelt Farmer, Tammin
Wheatbelt Natural Resource Management Incorporated (Wheatbelt NRM) is an independent community-based organisation leading natural resource management (NRM) endeavours within the Avon River Basin. The organisation operates from its Northam office in Western Australia, and is the second largest of seven NRM regional organisations in the state, with responsibility for the 12,000,000 hectares of the Avon River Basin.