- This event has passed.
Developing Northern Australia Conference 2017
June 19, 2017 - June 20, 2017$500
Following successful Conferences in 2015 and 2016 and the implementation of the Government White Paper, the Developing Northern Australia Conference will focus on initiatives to drive progress, growth and investment in the development of Northern Australia.
The 2017 Conference will be held at the Pullman International Cairns on the 19th and 20th of June.
You are invited to submit a presentation to address the Conference, and join respected sector leaders. You have the opportunity to submit a 30-minute oral presentation on the following topics:
- Business Opportunities: Indigenous engagement, Digital and remote technologies, Young entrepreneurs, Reducing red tape, Supporting SMEs
- Food and Agribusiness: New models for food and agribusiness development, Securing investment in food and agribusiness, Innovation and leadership in agri-food production, Developing trade and strategic links
- Healthcare, Medical Research and Aged Care: Research, Development and innovation
- Infrastructure: Strategic thinking in transport networks, Beef roads – cattle supply chain, Towards a Northern Infrastructure Plan, Integrating rail, Air services and ports, Indigenous procurement
- International Education: Outlook and Northern investment opportunities, Innovation in the education sector
- Land and Water: Regional approaches to development planning, Navigating flexible land tenure options, Sustainable options for developing water harvest and supply, Integrated land, Water and infrastructure development, Issues surrounding Forestry
- Resources and Energy: Energy futures for northern Australia, Securing new investment in energy, Energy research and development, Governance and policy for the energy sector
- Tourism and Hospitality: Rethinking place-based approaches to destination development, Support for small business in the tourism sector, New tourism sector development opportunities
- Workforce: Backpackers, seasonal and Local Workforce Development Options, Industry Workforce needs, Development of structured migration plans, Securing indigenous employment opportunities
Alternatively, you can present alongside a panel of your peers within a 90-minute interactive forum.
For full details, or to submit your interest to present please click here http://northaust.org.au/submit-abstract
If presenting is not for you, then register as a delegate to join in the conversation. For information on prices please visit the website at http://northaust.org.au