- This event has passed.
Australia’s Fair Food Week
October 16, 2016 - October 23, 2016
Coordinated by the Australian Food Sovereignty Alliance (AFSA), to support the Peoples’ Food Plan, Australia’s Fair Food Week shines a light on our new story of food. Over the week — 16-23 October 2016 — you will discover events across the country that will attract, intrigue and entertain you:
- community garden tours and workshops
- forums — workshops — speakers
- farmers’ fairs — farm tours
- films — food swaps — and more, much more.
Themes for 2016…
Fair Food Week is a self-organising national event. To help organise your events we suggest themes to plan them around. In 2016 we are looking at hopeful futures and alternatives, for example:
- Alternative farming methods – fair food farming!
- Alternative eating habits – nutritious and delicious whole foods!
- Alternative purchasing patterns – breaking up with the supermarkets!
AFSA is currently seeking sponsors and supporters for Fair Food Week 2016!
If you’re keen to be a sponsor or partner for Fair Food Week 2016, drop us an email at [email protected]
Established in 2013, Fair Food Week provides an opportunity for local communities in every state and territory to showcase how farmers, gardeners, chefs and community-based food enterprises are working hard to ensure access to fresh, local and affordable produce to all Australians.
Fair Food Week is coordinated by AFSA, the Australian Food Sovereignty Alliance to support the Peoples’ Food Plan process, Australia’s first crowdsourced policy directions document.